Friday, November 28, 2008

Patience and Kindness

In light of the tragedy that happened this morning at the Walmart store in Long Island I think the below is appropriate. Good grief people, get a grip!
Love is patient and kind;
love does not envy or boast;
it is not arrogant or rude.
It does not insist on its own way;
it is not irritable or resentful;
it does not rejoice in wrong doing.
Love bears all things,
hopes all things,
endures all things...
so now faith, hope and love
abide, these three; but the
greatest of these is Love.
---I Corinthians 13:4-8


The rose bush in front of my in-law's house.....a darling nest made of twigs.


Hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving. We did. We are getting ready to head home in the next hour or so. No shopping for me today. Who would want to be out there in the crowds?!

Look at today's poem's title:


MY CHRISTMAS GIFT
by Frank B. Whitney

Along I sat, for I had left
gay friends amid a Christmas rush;
About me there were Christmas gifts,
my room displayed a festive air;
And then I felt a presence near
infold me in His holy hush---
The Man of Christmas came to me
as I sat dreaming in my chair.
"I bring to you your Christmas gift,"
He said to me in voice so low,
"I bring from heaven peace of mind,
I give you Truth that's understood,
I bless your tongue to speak the truth,
I go with you where'er you go,
I give you power to conquer wrong,
and give you power to see the good,
I fill your heart with heaven's love,
Your every need I will supply,
I'll' guide your feet where'er you walk,
since from my love you cannot drift."
The Man of Christmas passed from sight,
but in my heart I felt Him nigh
And as the Christmas bells rang out,
I thanked Him for my Christmas gift.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HAVE A CREATIVE DAY!

No comments: