Sunday, November 9, 2008

Holy and Joyous Days

The greatest mistake you can make in this life is to be continually fearing you will make one.
---Elbert Hubbard

I haven't prepared photos, etc. to post about the past 4 days so I think I will post our poem and then post again later. (though I know I have said that before :o)

HOLY DAYS
by Frank B. Whitney

A day is a holy thing:
Shining and white,
Virginal at dawn,
Still immaculate at night
if you will let her be.
But if her purity
You would violate
By impure heart,
Unholy deed,
At night her downcast eyes
Bring to your mind remorse
And a vow to your heart
That when tomorrow's dawn
Reveals in your keeping
Another pearly-white day,
You'll be truer to your trust,
And at nightfall
Rejoice to say
To the Father of days,
"She is still a holy one."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAVE A JOYOUS DAY!

No comments: