Sunday, November 16, 2008

More Flowers and Sunshine

Renoir once said to me, 'When I have arranged
a bouquet for the purpose of painting it,
I always turn to the side I did not plan.'
---Henri Matisse
These are the beautiful flowers Kathy brought to me yesterday when she came to gather walnuts. They are bright cheery Fall colors. I am finally putting away my Halloween decorations and got out my turkeys(I have about 10), if only for a few days!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I do want to send my good thoughts and prayers (and I know there are many others out there who join me) to our neighbors in Southern California. It is just such a terrible situation (to put it mildly). Not only the loss of property, probably missing and dead pets :o( and those injured (I think so far no one has been killed, thank God) but having to put up with that awful smoke! I know what we went thru earlier this summer up our way. It was just horrible! You can't breathe outside and you feel like you can't breathe inside! Hang in there ! Today's poem happens to reflect the hopefulness of Life and blue skies in our hearts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



BLUE SKIES IN THE HEART
by Frank B. Whitney

What if the days are dull and gray
And snow is on the pines!
The Son of God shines every day---
Within your heart He shines.
What care you whether snow or rain
Fall over leaf and clod?
Each day to you is one more gain,
A chance to know of God.
What if the sky is dark o'erhead---
What matters this to you?
Within your heart no skies of lead:
You have but skies of blue!
Just find the blue skies in your heart;
There shines the Son of Light!
In darkened days you have no part,
Within you no dark night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAVE A QUALITY DAY!

No comments: