Wednesday, November 5, 2008

MAMMOGRAM

ACCEPT SURPRISES THAT UPSET YOUR PLANS, SHATTER YOUR DREAMS, GIVE A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TURN TO YOUR DAY AND WHO KNOWS? .... TO YOUR LIFE. IT IS NOT CHANCE. LEAVE THE FATHER FREE TO WEAVE THE PATTERN OF YOUR DAYS.
---DOM HELDER CAMERA, ARCHBISHOP OF RECIFE, BRAZIL

Today I get a mammogram. I haven't had one in 3 years (which actually was my first one) and my friend Marie and I are going together. She has been encouraging me to go. Has everyone had theirs? Also, I would like to thank "anonymous" who commented on my blog. Yes, I hope more people find it too! THANK YOU!
This has been a good discipline for me.

I actually did a creative project shown above! It is a Halloween "card" for Marie that is actually a page for her scrapbook. Yes, I told you I was a late riser in a previous post. :o) It is a bit of mish and mash, but I love combining everything! I will give it to her today......oops, if she checks my post she will see it here....hope you like it Marie!
Today's poem is:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Broader Vistas
by Frank B. Whitney
Do you like to see broad vistas
spreading out before your view,
When you're standing on a hilltop,
when the day is young and new?
Do you like to catch the vision
of God's presence everywhere,
As you stand upon a hilltop,
when your heart's in morning prayer?
~~~~~
I have found that from broad vistas
comes a lesson good to heed,
For 't is more of breadth of vision
that we pray for and we need;
Broader minds along can give us
more compassion, more of light
That reveals to us our freedom
from intolerance's blight.
~~~~~
If you find your thought is narrow,
that you're limited and bound,
That you're circumscribed in thinking,
just remember it's been found
That it's best to see broad vistas,
for in them you're sure to find
Tolerance and sweet compassion
that abide in breadth of mind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Boy, Amen to that! Wow, isn't that amazing that today's poem coincides with this day after the election? Honestly, I am posting each poem as it comes in the book, coincidental? I think not. No matter who you voted for let's just know that there is a power that rules the universe that is much greater than any one man or woman. Always has been and also will. And we are all a part of that power....please use it wisely.

HAVE A GRAND DAY!

No comments: