Friday, January 16, 2009

Our "work" is to express God thru us.

No man is born into this world
whose work is not born with him.
AND
Nature fits all her children
with something to do.
He who would write and can't
write, can surely review.
--- James Russell Lowell
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think these quotes say just about as much as can be said about the pilot of yesterday's crash landing. Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger III was born to fly and has a love of the airplane as his wife put it, "He's a pilot's pilot and he loves the art of the airplane," she said. It just fills me with so much hope and joy to hear of someone truly expressing their gift and doing what they are meant to do on this earth. (and saving people to boot, how wonderful is that!?) Each one of us has gift that we are meant to express into this world. Unfortunately, so few really are able to express it because of fear, the ego, health challenges, mistaken thoughts, expectations of the world, etc. Now that Pilot Sully has paved the way for others to follow his example I am sure there will be other successful aviation encounters. As I mentioned before about Patrick Swayze and his cancer challenge.....there is always that first person who rises above "that can't be done" and leads us to new beliefs about ourselves and the world, about "what can be done". And then it becomes a matter of fact.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Below are the pictures I worked on yesterday morning before the "breaking news". They are the full moon pictures I took on Sunday the 11th, the weekend when the moon was suppose to be it's largest in 2009. I have to say, I didn't really noticed a difference, but what do I know!
I went to the grocery store and on the way home stopped at a little look-out point just down the street from our house. I waited almost a half an hour before the moon peeked it's big face above the hills. The shots are really not that great, but I wanted to post them since I spent the time waiting and taking them. That is one of my greatest challenges, starting something and not finishing it! Though now I am telling myself, "I finish all things I start"!











Cheryl and I are going to see Bride Wars this afternoon. I was excited to see it when I saw the "coming attractions" at the movies, but now I don't know how good it will be. I am sure it will be light-hearted and funny with Anne and Kate.....they are both adorable.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAVE A DAY EXPRESSING
YOUR GIFTS TO THE
WORLD!

No comments: