Monday, January 5, 2009

More Movies

To make some nook of God's
Creation a little fruitfuller,
better, more worthy of God;
to make some human hearts
a little wiser, manfuller, happier
---more blessed, less accursed!
It is work for a God.
--- Thomas Carlyle


I love this message "Come to Church". Quick and to the point! It is amazing to think how people didn't have telephones (let alone cell, text, computers, televisions, even radios, etc.) to communicate easily. Can you imagine having to write letters and postcards to ask the simplest of requests? And this was less than 100 years ago! As I have mentioned before, this blog is my discipline right now for writing everyday. I am just now sending out the last of my Christmas greetings and each year I think I will take the time to hand-write a personal note to each and every recipient, but alas ........
Speaking of writing letters, I did reconnect with an old friend from high school at our 30th reunion last October. (how can that already sound so far away....last October?) Her name was Debbie Cross and we were friends our freshman year, but then she moved away. I think we wrote a couple of times, but then lost touch. I always wondered what happened to her and there she was at the reunion! (unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the 2 of us together) It was such a treat and now we live just about 1 1/2 hours away from each other so we are trying to get together this year. We have written several emails back and forth and I do hope we can keep in touch from now on. She is a sweetie! So Debbie, if you read this, I will send an email this week! :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, the movie marathon will continue. Cheryl and I are seeing "Yes Man" this afternoon. In March 2007 (I keep my ticket stubs so I feel like I am doing something if only watching movies...sad, I know!) we saw 3 movies in less than a week, but we may break our record and see 4. Bride Wars starts Friday and we still want to see Marley and Me too. We also want to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button but I may have to wait until it comes out on video. I don't think I can sit for 3 hours without a break! Why don't they have intermissions like they did in the good ol' days? :o) As I mentioned yesterday, I love Brad Pitt, but I haven't seen all of his movies because they are usually so serious and I do like more light-hearted and romantic comedies at this point! (though Seven Pounds wasn't light-hearted so there goes that logic!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
No problems with the water this morning. It was not as cold as yesterday..in fact, drizzly and gray.(so a bit warmer)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAVE A SUNSHINE DAY!

No comments: