Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Feral Cats

As we express our gratitude,
we must never forget
that the highest appreciation
is not to utter words,
but to live by them.
- John F. Kennedy
Marie sent me this quote yesterday. Amen to it!
Walk the talk.



"Yes Man" was hilarious and fun! If you like Jim Carrey then please see it. So silly and sweet and made us laugh a lot. We talked about breaking our record and seeing Marley and Me today, but I don't think we will make it which is probably a good thing since I don't need anymore buttered popcorn! :o) (at least not right now.)

This is a pic of 3 of the many feral cats around our place. I took this pic from my office window the other morning. 3 out of the 4 siamese "babies" that were born last spring (2008) and by the time I knew they were around it was too late to trap and tame. Disappointing, as one (or more) of them will become pregnant before we know it.

Here's another. There are also 3 black and white ones that come and go.

And 3 all-black cats, but these guys are fixed! This pic was taken the morning after the other 3 siamese were here in the same place. There are still more out and about.....probably 15 or more. My neighbor and I have fixed dozens and trapped and tame more than that for adoption. This may be one way I got Lyme's/co-infections from cat scratches. In 2006 and 2007 I was on a mission to get them all, but there is always another that gets in. :o( (I guess the empty vacuum theory) Now I feel like it is out of control again and I wasn't able to do anything this past year. There is one male siamese that I call "Mr. Big Balls" (as you can tell by the name) he has the biggest black balls I have ever seen! In 2007 I had the trap out and he went in twice, but it didn't go off. I can't tell you how discouraged I was after that. I sat from my office window and watched the whole thing. (obviously the father of the above siamese) I keep thinking I will try again, but since they need to be kept overnight in a cage in the carport (males for a night, usually the females 2 nights) before being re-released I just feel too overwhelmed to even try. In fact, this is all I have to say about that at this time. It is such a touchy subject with me.
PLEASE HAVE YOUR PETS SPAYED OR NEUTERED! Dogs too!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAVE A COMMON SENSE DAY!

No comments: