Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The World is Filled with Enjoyment

You were made for enjoyment,
and the world was filled with
things which you will enjoy,
unless you are too proud to
be pleased with them, or too
grasping to care for what you
can not turn to other account
than mere delight.
--- John Ruskin

Well, yippee, I got my teeth cleaned yesterday after 5 years! It wasn't too bad although I do have quite a bit of demineralization which is really, not good. More fluoride and brushing my teeth if I have sugar. Last month, I had already switched to Xylitol for a sweetener, the kind made from birch bark not corn so I have that going for me. :o) I have pretty much flossed religiously these past 5 years so that helped immensely.



We head over to the store today and I have another "you-know-what" scheduled too. I am beginning to feel like they are making a difference and I will continue with them a few more times. I have overindulged the past 2 weeks with food (fried and sweet), alcohol and more wheat products than usual. I think I forgot to mention that one of the lab tests I had the last time was for celiac's disease which I do not have. (I didn't think I did, but the doc thought we should rule that out too!) I do think I have a wheat sensitivity as sometimes I do feel a difference when I eat it and other times, not. Again no rhyme or reason.
Well enough of that, I better get going!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What Are You Doing New Years Eve
When the bells all ring and the horns all blow

And the couples we know are fondly kissing
Will I be with you or will I be among the missing?
~~~~~
Maybe it's much too early in the game

Ooh, but I thought I'd ask you just the same
What are you doing New Year's
New Year's eve?
~~~~~
Wonder whose arms will hold you good and tight

When it's exactly twelve o'clock that night
Welcoming in the New Year
New Year's eve?
~~~~~
Maybe I'm crazy to suppose

I'd ever be the one you chose
Out of a thousand invitations
You received.
~~~~~
Ooh, but in case I stand one little chance

Here comes the jackpot question in advance:
What are you doing New Year's
New Year's Eve?
~~~~~
About this song, "What Are You Doing New Year's Eve?" was composed by Frank Loesser in 1947 . This song has been performed by Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, Johnny Mathis, The Orioles, Nancy Wilson, The Carpenters and Clay Aiken. --- From
www.christmas-songs.org
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAVE A STUPENDOUS DAY!

No comments: