Saturday, December 13, 2008

Having electricity is a nice gift!

At Christmas play,
and make good cheer,
For Christmas comes
but once a year.
--- Thomas Tusser

Here is the last of the free Christmas cards that I will post from the National Wildlife Federation. Another sweet image. On the back: "To provide a refuge for birds and other small animals after the holidays, anchor your old holiday tree in a secluded spot in your yard. Wildlife will use it as a shelter from winter weather. For more tips on how to create a wildlife haven in your yard, visit www.nwf.org/habitat .

MY GIFT
by Christina Rossetti
What can I give Him
Poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd,
I would give Him a lamb,
If I were a Wise Man,
I would do my part, ---
Yet what I can, I give Him,
Give my heart.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How is everyone holding up? I read that over a million people in the northeast are without power. So sorry to hear that. I guess most of them are used to it, but I don't think I could ever be. Each winter I worry about our power going out.(usually it does just once and for only a few hours) You see, if our power goes out, in addition to no electricity, we have no heat or water. (we have a pellet stove for heat and a well for water) The infamous "they" say we are do for a cold, rainy and windy storm this weekend, but so far it isn't too bad. Just as long as the power doesn't go out! :o)
~~~~~
Last night I finally started working on Christmas cards that I had hoped to do several weeks ago. I purchased them back in November, but then decided to jazz them up with glitter and extras......jeez, how do I get myself into these ideas!? I'll share a pic tomorrow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAVE A RESTFUL DAY!

No comments: