Saturday, December 6, 2008

Responsibility and Independence

The greatest gifts you can
give your children are the
roots of responsibility and the
wings of independence.
---Denis Waitley
My dentist appointment wasn't too bad, considering. A couple of fillings needed and some decay along the bottom of my teeth, but I think this may be do to the fact that I haven't been to the dentist in over 5 years and my current health condition. I go back next week for a cleaning and then a plan of attack for next year. (maybe extra fluoride to be worn in custom trays....another thing to do) It just feels good to get these things done.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's another beautiful sunny mild day and my plan is to do some spray painting outside. I also need to get the Christmas lights on the inside tree. I finally started last night (we got the tree last weekend and each night this week I had planned to get started) and half way thru 1/2 of the 2nd strand of lights stopped working. I have been testing everything before hand so again, who knows! I gave up as it was 11:30 pm and, after this is posted, I will work on them again. :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One more thing....... My friend Marie shares her copy of Body + Soul magazine with me and in the September's issue on page 29 was an article on a young guy (26) who has started an organization called Selfcentered ( www.getselfcentered.com ) which teaches young people mindfulness and meditation. I haven't checked the site yet, but I thought how nice to have learned and kept (I say kept because I had been exposed to a lot of these teachings in my teens and 20's, but didn't practice consistently) and used all this information when I was younger so it would have been easier as I got older!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hope every one's Holiday preparations are going well. It is the process that is fun. (mantra)

More of the Minute Rice ad:

~ Attend the kid's school holiday pageant
~ Vacuum dead needles under the tree
~ Buy tins for holiday gifts
~ Stock up on flour, sugar, chocolate, nuts, sprinkles
~ Order a spiral-cut ham
~ Update address book with holiday cards received last year
~ Shovel sidewalk
~ Get in snowball fight with kids
~ Make snow angels with kids
~ Catch a cold
~ Put lights and garland around front door
~ Buy stocking stuffers
~ Put giant pile of catalogs in recycling bin
~ Send invitations to volunteers for the annual brunch
~ Make a mountain of fudge
~ Buy a new candy thermometer
~ Remind Tom to pick up rock salt for the front walk
~ Brine the bird
~ Make end-of-year charitable gifts
~ Put a warm blanket on guest room bed
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAVE A KALEIDOSCOPE DAY!
(I know, I am stretching for words!)

No comments: