Monday, December 15, 2008

Come, Be Merry

Come, bring with a noise,
My merry, merry boys,
The Christmas log to the firing;
While my good dame, she
Bids ye all be free;
And drink to your hearts' desiring.
---Robert Herrick

Another image from the little Hallmark book, Christmas Classics.
SILENT NIGHT
Silent night, holy night,
All is calm, all is bright;
Round yon Virgin Mother and Child!
Holy Infant; so tender and mild,
Sleep in heavenly peace,
Sleep in heavenly peace.
~~~~~
Silent night, holy night,
Shepherds quake at the sight
Glories stream from heaven afar,
Heav'nly hosts sing Alleluia;
Christ, the Savior, is born,
Christ, the Savior, is born.
~~~~~
Silent night, holy night,
Son of God, love's pure light
Radiant beams from Thy holy face
With the dawn of redeeming grace,
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth,
Jesus, Lord, at Thy birth.
--- Joseph Mohr

Here are my Christmas cards. I purchased the angel cards and then decided to add the glitter and a little verse, which sits upon a foam dot for depth. I have done 52 cards, but since I usually send out about 70, I will decide if some cards will be sent "unglittered". :o)


No snow falling this morning, but there was a sprinkling atop the hills across from the house. It always reminds me of sifted powdered sugar on a cake.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAVE A SWEET DAY!

1 comment:

a Pocket Angel said...

Lori, Your Christmas Cards are GORGEOUS!! What a great idea adding glitter & a verse. You are such a very creative Gal.
Happy Holidays to you & your family.
Hugs ~Mary~ :-}