Saturday, October 25, 2008

Finishing projects


We are having work done here at the cottage and hopefully today will be the last of some of the finishing work. Nothing too big, but to me it is huge! We have lived here for 3 years and when they put up the kitchen cabinets they were too high for me. (I am short!) So they lowered them and put up a piece of wood along the ceiling that I hope to add some appliques to before painting. We will see when that gets done! Our place is an older mobile home from the 70's, 2 bedrooms and 2 baths set on 2 1/2 acres. It is funny how about 1 year before moving here I had written down that I just wanted to be on 2 acres surrounded by walnut trees and that I didn't care if it was a mobile home or not as long as it had 2 bathrooms! This is when my Mom was diagnosed with leukemia and of course it was very stressful time and I needed a break from it all........Well, here I am ........... exactly where I stated! Now, if I could just demonstrate my beach cottage! That has been in my mind for over 30 years so I will really have work on that...maybe because I haven't written down a detailed list? :o)

~~~~~~~~~~
Life Begins For Me Today
by Frank B. Whitney
Life begins for me today!
New worlds before me lie!
The yesterdays have passed away
No more to cause a sigh.
Before me lies the bright today,
All blessings in its hold;
And I rejoice to find it gay
And sing its joys untold.

Today for me begins anew
A life that holds for me
All that's good and real and true---
Its blessings now I see.
I look no longer to the past,
Nor wait for future days;
For with today my lot is cast,
Its present joys I praise.
~~~~~~~~~~

This is a special poem to me. Live today in the NOW! No sadness of the past and no worries of the future.






No comments: