Wednesday, February 18, 2009

The power is on

We are shaped and fashioned
by what we love.
--- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


I can't read the postmark completely, but it appears to be the early teen's. Isn't "Viletta" a pretty name?

Yesterday I stopped by a local store, Shari's Secret Garden and met Shari and Shirley. Both were very nice and we had a nice chat. The store is located on Main Street across from the town square and has a great selection of scrapbooking supplies and gift items.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Our power was suppose to be off today from 8 am to 3 pm to replace a transformer (or something like that), but it didn't go off. I guess with the weather,(although the rain is suppose to let up these next 3 days) they couldn't do it. I got up at 7:15 to start my coffee, boil an egg, boiled 3 large pots of water to have for the day (washing hands and teeth) turned the pellet stove on to 80 and then went back to bed from 8 am until 10 am, figuring why not! When I woke up, I thought I could still hear the pellet stove so I switched on the light and it went on ! SIGH! You see, when the power is off, we have nothing. No electricity(of course), but also, no water (we have a well) and no heat (we have a pellet stove that runs on electricity) so it is always a bit stressful when it does go off (although really it hasn't gone off that much the past 3 1/2 years) Our next place will have a wood burning stove or fireplace which is what we have always had in our other houses. :o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAVE A DAY FULL OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS!

No comments: