Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Mom's Birthday

We need one another when we mourn and would be comforted.
We need one another when we are in trouble and afraid.
We need one another when we are in despair, in temptation,
and need to be recalled to
 our best selves again.
We need one another when we would accomplish some great
purpose, and cannot do it alone.
We need one another in the hour of success when we look
 for someone to share
 our triumphs.
We need one another in the
 hour of defeat, when with
encouragement we might
 endure and stand again.
We need one another
 when we come to die,
 and would have
gentle hands prepare us for the journey.
All our lives we are in need, and others are in need of us.
--- I found this in my Mom's papers, cut out from something.  I don't know who wrote it, but I think it is lovely.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today would have been my Mom's 74th birthday.   She died on September 15th 2004
at the age of 67.    Sometimes I still really can't believe she is gone.
I guess most people feel that way
 about loved ones who have
made the journey before us.
This picture was taken Christmas 1996.   She was 59, turning 60 the
following month.    It amazes me because her mother, my grandmother
Rachel is 60 years old in the picture on my blog banner...she is on the left.
My grandmother looks so much older
 than my mom at that age.
Also, my other grandmother, Pia,
 in the same pic, is 48 1/2 years old. 
  I am 50 and seem so much younger than she!   :o)    Again, maybe most
 people feel that way.  
I was trying to find a more
 recent picture of my Mom,
but couldn't find it.
I think the last one taken of the
 two of us together was  in 2001.
I don't know how that happened.
I know we talked on the phone
almost everyday.
And the last 3 months of her
life she lived with Mike and I.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 comments:

Marie said...

Lori, I am happy that I met your mother and a few times with her. She does look young and happy in that photo. May the arms of good memories surround you and comfort you. hugs, Marie

Shabby Jen said...

LORI!! I just found your blog!!! I am so happy to have found you here.
When we loose someone we love, we all do have those thoughts no matter who it was that we loved. Your mother did look so young!!! Beautiful too.
I am glad to have found you, let's do keep in touch.
Have a very happy day! And thanks for sharing on your blog!
Jen