Saturday, March 21, 2009

The First Day of Spring - a day late!

No man in the world has
more courage than the
man who can stop after
eating one peanut.
--- Channing Pollock


I wonder if Laura ever heard from Dora again?
~~~~~~~~~~
Well, here I am, finally! I hadn't expected to be away from the blog for so long, but the time just flies by, doesn't it? I guess another reason to live in the moment and enjoy each day as it comes. HAPPY SPRING, a day later! I had a St. Patrick's Day postcard all ready to go on the 17th too, but obviously never got that posted. I started my antibiotics on Wednesday, March 4th. Rifampin, Septra DS and Nystatin, an antifungal. I am taking all 3 for 30 days. I don't know what will happen after that. I was worried about having an adverse reaction since I would be taking all 3 medications at once and I have not taken many antibiotics in my life. The day I took my first dose, Mike and I went to the emergency room at our local hospital and I took them there. We waiting about an hour and then went home...no reaction! :o) After that I was concerned about diarrhea and vomiting, but neither have appeared. The pharmacist thought I would have diarrhea since I was taking all 3 pills, but so far so good. I have 12 more days to go and will see my doctor on April 3rd, the day after I finish.
~~~~~
More rain is in the forecast for tonight and maybe tomorrow. We still need several more inches to be out of the clear of water restrictions, but, I know, we should always be careful of our water consumption. This is one area I am not good at, although I am trying. :o) This past week's weather has been mild and enjoyable. It is suppose to return later this coming week. One of the effects of Septra is to not have prolonged exposure to the sun. This was a disappointment since I like to sit outside in the sun for 20 or 30 minutes, later in the afternoon when I am home. (When the UV index is at its lowest. This is why "they" say to stay out of the sun from 10 am to 3 pm) You have to get your Vitamin D and the sunshine is the best way to do that.(I also take a Vitamin D softgel too) Don't you think it is strange that there are still so many cases of skin cancer while everyone is wearing sunscreen? I always questioned that. My pharmacist said that as long as it wasn't over 70 degrees it should be ok, otherwise to wear sunscreen if I was going to be out in the sun for a longer period of time. (which I don't plan to be the next 2 weeks) Other than all of that, I got a beautiful handmade card from my dear friend Marie that I will post tomorrow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAVE A PATIENT DAY!

No comments: