Sunday, January 1, 2012

HAPPY 2012 TO ALL !!!


I got the image !  I have a few of these over
 the years and was glad to get this one....
scrambled for my camera as Mike counted 
down the last 35 seconds!  I trust everyone
 had a safe and fun night, filled with wonderful memories.  We ended up staying home as
 Mike was/is just getting over the flu. 
 But that is fine.
We ate, drank, had fun on facebook and
talked to family via skype.
 I feel that 2012 will be a good year for 
everyone, contrary to what others may say.


Another postcard from my collection. 
 This one is dated 1911.  
The pansies open up to reveal the
following pages:




Lots of plans for the year.   Always that way.
This year feels different.   I hope I am right.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In spite of illness, in spite
 even of the archenemy sorrow,
 one can remain alive long pass
 the usual date of disintegration 
if one is unafraid of change, 
insatiable in intellectual curiosity, interested in big things, and
 happy in small ways.
--- Edith Wharton

No comments: