Sunday, February 16, 2014

Valentine's Weekend

Dated Feb. 14, 1910
Dear Irean, How are you?  I am feeling fine.  Aunt Hester was up Sunday.  She is feeling fine. You must come down next summer and we will have watermelon.  With love to you from Clara


This is the best shot I could get of the
 full "Snow" moon before it slipped 
behind the clouds.


I forgot I liked champagne, do you like it too?
I had the bottle in the frig. for the past 2 years so we decided to open it on Valentine's night.
I bought it because I liked the bottle.  
It was pretty good too.


Have you seen a Robin yet?  We usually 
see them early in Northern California.


A new pansy found outside our kitchen door.


Next stop St. Patrick's Day!
Postmarked 1907,  2 postmarks, one from Myrtle Point, Oregon 6 pm and the other from Port Orford, Oregon 7 pm Feb. 4, 1907
Hello Beck, I wish you were coming up here.  We are having a fine time.


Hope smiles on the threshold of the year to come,
whispering that it will be happier.
--- Alfred Lord Tennyson







No comments: