Thursday, April 22, 2010

EARTH DAY - Our World

The above photo was taken a couple of days ago. Today is sunny and 72. Yesterday it was wild and windy and rainy with the sun peeking throughout the day and only 55 degrees! My, what a difference a day can make.

This is a tree across the street. I can lie in my bed and see it. It always reminds me of the heart. The base is large and strong, the branches are the arteries and then, of course, the little branches are the capillaries, reaching as far as they need to. It looks especially lovely when the sky is blue and the outline is so distinct. It always brings me peace.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today's post is from Daily Word, a little magazine put out by Unity.
~ Our World ~
I am a conscious, conscientious part of a living world.
"The abundant life on this planet provides for all my physical needs. Everything I need comes directly or indirectly from the bounty of the earth. Conscious of the interconnection of all life systems, I am amazed by the order that governs it all. I, too, am part of that order, an integral part of the web of life.
I live responsibly as a citizen of Earth, and I consciously do my part to protect and restore this beautiful planet. I join with my children, my grandchildren, neighbors and friends in living harmoniously with nature. Aware of the impact I and others have on the systems that support all life, I am a conscientious inhabitant of God's abundant Earth.
--- This is my prayer, that your love may overflow more and more with knowledge and full insight to help you to determine what is best. --- Philippians 1:9-10"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAPPY EARTH DAY!

1 comment:

ZenCrafter said...

That's a beautiful affirmation! Thank you for sharing it.