Wednesday, March 24, 2010

IS IT SPRING WHERE YOU ARE?

The year's at the spring
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hillside's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in His heaven-
All's right with the world!
--- Robert Browning
I know, some parts of Colorado have almost 2 feet of snow(I have family in Denver, Loveland and near Pueblo) and here I sit in lovely Northern California with mild springtime temps! We may get a bit of rain tomorrow (so "they" say) but the past week has been wonderful and foretells of days to come. (although, more rain is expected for most of next week and we still need it.) Isn't this a lovely image? I know most of us dream of this little bit of paradise, but the back of the card tells another story. This is from March 1912. You can read it below.


Such a frantic note. Can you imagine not being able to pick up a phone (and I am talking a land-line) and call a dear one who you haven't heard from, who had been sick and you didn't know how they were? It is just beyond me sometimes how the world survived and yet it did, didn't it? Sometimes when I worry about the state of the world I have to remind myself first, that isn't going to help anything and second, I am responsible for my own little part of this world...me! Of course this does not mean you do not help others, but that if everyone were responsible for themselves (especially their thoughts) and then branched out from there....wow......and it can be anything, money(a little bit from everyone adds up), physically helping or prayers and good thoughts.(probably the best in the long run!)
Gosh I feel like I am still 12 and learning all of this! :o) Hope everyone can feel peaceful and kind today.

No comments: