Friday, May 29, 2009

Papers, pictures and postcards

Happiness is not achieved by
the conscious pursuit of
happiness ... it is generally
the by-product of other
activities.
--- Aldous Huxley

Well, I wanted to get in at least one post for May so here I am! I posted only one post in April and that was on Easter. Time flies for sure. As we (my dear husband Mike and I) are going through papers and stuff in the garage, trying one more time to get organized,(can you relate?) I found this picture of my friend Phyllis and I that was taken in either 1982 or 1983. How can that be? I remember that day. (although I can't remember which year it was!) It was August and our girlfriend Gina came over and "fixed" us up....make up and hair. Do you like our Hawaiian shirts? I think I am wearing my Mom's faux pearl necklace too. (at first I thought it was my puka shells, remember those?) Sorry the picture is not very clear, I took a picture of the picture! I will see Phyllis and her family next weekend at a party she is having for her daughter Stephanie who just graduated from high school and her son, Spencer who graduated from the 8th grade. I am also going through the boxes of my Mom's papers that I kept in 2006 after going through them a second time and not quite ready to part with the ones that were saved from 2004 when she died. Hopefully the 3rd time is the charm. I did get rid of so much in 2004 and again in 2006, but now is the time to go through the saved ones from 2006 and discard most. It is still very emotional, but it has to be done. My addiction is papers and I love all kinds! This includes old and new, photos, postcards, wrapping paper, old Victorian scraps, old calendars pictures, books, greeting cards....anything that catches my eye and especially family papers. Florals, people, scenery, paintings, insects, seashells, sayings, etc. etc. etc. I also found the box of postcards that were my Grandmother Rachel's and also some that were my Grandfather's, all from 1910 to 1920....so special to have those. My dear Aunt Peggy (one of my Mom's older sisters who is 81) gave them to me back in 2004 when we went to Colorado for a long overdue visit. There are some lovely pansies that I will post over time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAVE A WEEKEND FULL OF PATIENCE!

No comments: