Tuesday, December 9, 2008

GOD BLESS IT !

Peace was the first thing
the angel sang. Peace is the
mark of the sons of God. Peace
is the nurse of love. Peace is
the mother of unity. Peace is
the rest of blessed souls. Peace
is the dwelling place of eternity.
--- Leo the Great

Another picture and excerpt from the little Hallmark book, Christmas Classics, published 1976.
---from A Christmas Carol ---
" ...I have always thought of Christmas time, when it has come round...as a good time: a kind, forgiving, charitable, pleasant time: the only time I know of , in the long calendar of the year, when men and women seem by one consent to open their shut-up hearts freely, and to think of people below them as if they were really fellow passengers to the grave, and not another race of creatures bound on other journeys. And therefore...though it has never put a scrap of gold or silver in my pocket, I believe that it has done me good, and will do me good, and I say,
God bless it! " --- Charles Dickens
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike got home yesterday after being gone for only 8 days this time. :o) He will be home the rest of the month and then some....yippee! We are heading over to the store today. Hope every one's week is progressing along nicely!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HAVE A NOEL DAY!

No comments: